Examples of projects that may be considered for funding include but are not limited to topics such as the following:
- Development and implementation of an email preservation readiness toolkit.
- Efforts that implement ‘low barrier’ email processing workflows using standard office applications and/or open-source tools, and to develop communities of practice around those toolkits
- Programs to develop a statewide or regional capacity to preserve email within existing repository infrastructures
- Specification planning processes for beginning-of-lifecycle email capture tools (i.e., those that capture at the time of sending or receiving)
- Testing mechanisms for data loss/transformation when moving email from one tool or environment to another
- Use case for the continued development of email-to-PDF toolsets or pathways.
- Develop a cloud-based email self-archiving service.
- Sustainability planning for email archives tool consortia or relationships with existing consortia.